Monday, April 23, 2007

Down 180

Hey everyone, sorry I have been slacking a little bit on the entries as of late. I have been doing a lot of really mundane stuff at work as an EMT, drudging through an impossibly high stack of BLS transfers, emergi-fers and garbage 911 calls. To be honest, I feel like I can only become so introspective, so sensitive about this kind of stuff in my blog entries before even I begin to retch. It seems like I have been dealing mostly with BLS frustration and psychs lately, both of which I have written about multiple times at length. I really need something challenging to fire me up.

Good calls, though, have been at a minimum over the past month for some reason. Our service is down something like 180 calls per week, a stagnation that has left many of us - even those who are not normally so - eager for something... anything exciting. We are all sitting in our posts, listening to the radios for the tide to change. The old guys say these kinds of things happen, periods of good calls come and go in waves. ...But it seems like it has been forever.

I did receive some good news today, though. Apparently the gates have been lifted at work over this blogging issue, and I have finally been cleared to precept by the management. The start date, as it always is, is still tentative at this point, but hopefully I should be changing to a different shirt as soon as next week.

I sure do hope the tide changes by then.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Fantastic! So glad you posted. Hope precepting goes well for you and you get some better quality pts.